The noise from the street kept me up all night again.
It was mostly the laughing and hollering of young people.
What day is it today? My son told me it was Monday
because I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.
My hips are aching and my back seems to be collapsing on itself.
Are kids out drinking every night of the week nowadays?
What happened to the weekend?
Maybe it's Sunday. I need a drink.
I should go sit out on the balcony, get some air.
Where did I leave my sweater?
I wonder if the cleaning lady took it.
I've watched her eye up that sweater.
I know she would like it but she can't have it.
I will ask her for it back when I see her again.
It's too cold to go outside.
I want my sweater back.
That bitch. She probably took my slippers too.
If I could remember her phone number
I would call her right this minute,
give her a taste of my mind.
But if she was here I could ask her to make me some coffee.
She does that sometimes.
Makes me some coffee and adds the sugar for me
and always looks at me with those bitchy eyes
when I ask her to pour a drop of Jameson's in it.
I'll just do it myself. Where's the coffee?
Shit. No coffee and barely a bottle of whiskey left.
I had a terrible sleep again.
My head is aching from the hollering of the kids.
All night they were screaming and laughing.
What could be so funny at that hour?
What day is it today? Sunday?
Maybe it's Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment