I dreamt of you again. My emotions always so vivid. You were a dentist but a traveler at heart. In my dream you gave me braces but I didn't notice until you were gone. In my dream I only remember wondering what you were thinking.
In my dream
you didn't look
me in the eye,
only to the ground.
In my dream
I looked back
to see your heavy heart
and deeply sad eyes.
In my dream
I didn't trust you
but I didn't think
you were real.
I woke up thinking
of you, as I so often do,
believing it was true
as I always do with you.
Then I wondered
if my lack of trust
in men is translating
over to you.
As I see you in my dreams
and never in my bed,
you may as well be
made up in my head.
I want to believe in you
and to believe
that you are different,
nothing like the rest.
But then I remember
that I found you
in my dreams
my soul, my love, my dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment