Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An ode to my morning lover.

I can smell you before I even open my eyes.
You are the reason I get out of bed,
the logic that I need to step out of my dreams
and into each day.

Your taste on my tongue
always leaves me satisfied,
wanting more, even when I've had too much
of you, precious you.

I don't even know where you're from,
the town or village that you were born.
I have a vague idea,
somewhere far from here.

I can see how the sun gently kissed
every cell in you
to make sure you left home,
perfect, open for love.

You have been my truest friend,
my greatest love,
for I have never felt you were far,
you become a part of me
each time I bring you to my lips.

You are dark, warm, sometimes bitter,
but sweetened by my hand.
I love your taste, your smell,
how you always welcome the day with me.

Oh sweet coffee,
I will never leave you.
I need you like the shadows need the sun,
and I will love you like the trees love the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment