Our bellies are growling. They are hungry but we don't know for what. They are brimming with life and nutrients but mine will never feel full without your body next to mine. Until I can touch your face with my lips, your hands with mine, I will always go hungry. Because I don't know you, only my heart remembers you, the hunger is primitive, intuitive, it understands something that my mind cannot. Where do these memories of you come from? Why can I remember your smell? Your laugh? Your heart beating close to mine?
You are always standing against the dropping sun, a silhouette in my mind but I know every line, curve and crevice of your face like a map of my hometown. You are familiar to me. Perhaps we were lovers in another life and now we must navigate this world to find each other again. Maybe this is why we both move across the land as gypsies in search for home, knowing that we will find home when we find each other again.
You come to me when I am moving slowly through my day, when I am out laughing and talking with friends, when I am falling asleep or just waking up. I can feel you close to me. Your presence is never far from my mind but the absence of you, as you are in this life, leaves an insatiable hunger deep in my belly.
Perhaps you will always be a memory or a dream and I will only find you when I close my eyes and let my heart extract you from my waking dreams. There I will find you again....

No comments:
Post a Comment